XIVRO Community
Sign in to follow this  
Iroha

The 20 XIV pt hunting quest

Whichever angle i see, this is seriously time consuming only to get 20 XIV pts.

Can this hunting quest have no CD instead and be much easier? Like stay at 3 different mobs but should only kill like 10 - 15 each.

IMO by making this easier & no CD, this can be a good alternative for solo XIV pt hunting and i don't think it would be a problem w/ MVP hunting since you have a chance to get cbox and light of ica if you MVP hunt while doing this hunting quest only gives you XIV pts.

We could implement one or the other but not both (at least to the extent you're suggesting), or even adjust the overall point rewards such that it matches the pacing with MvP hunting. With the reverted mob spawn timers, I can see how the hunt board could be an alternative method to grind points while waiting on MvP cooldowns. However, making it too easy could potentially pull parties away from MvP hunting altogether since it will virtually take minimal effort to grind points, even if MvP hunting rewards boxes and lights.

Sorry to barge in. Agreed with lowering the amount of monster kills needed for Novice board. I'd say 30 kills x 3 kinds of monster are fine as it will take time for players to search for corresponding monster's map via Ratemyserver or the system's handy @whereis & @mi <monsters name>. Would also like to suggest that board quests reward players with zeny while retaining the amount of xiv points given. Say about:@

2 million zeny for Novice Board(5-10 minute cooldown upon completion )

5 million zeny for Intermediate Board(1 hour cooldown upon completion ) 

10 million zeny for Expert Board(6 hours cooldown upon completion )

I believe that with similiar implementation on the board quests would allow both new/old(yep, veteran) players to learn more about the monsters, maps or Ragnarok in general and still allow item/character progression rather than treasure box hunting for that purpose. Although this probably require some sort of guide to let players know the existence of board quests, I suppose someone with better essay writing could do the honor?  

Edited by Polarev | I am Totoro®