XIVRO Community
Calvo

Vote for points

Posted (edited)

Hi guys.

I don't know if someone have already posted about it, but I think a vote for points system would be good to spread the server and bring new players to it.

We have some ppl leaving us and maybe it could be a good way to increase our numbers.

I don't know how it works, but I already played some servers that used this system.

Or maybe other systems to propagate the server in larger scale.

Edit: or even not for points, just something we can vote to make the server bigger ❤️

Edited by Calvo

Vote for points can be easily abused. Plus it's the same idea of vote buying. I'd rather have legit votes from legit players rather than fake ones.

I don't know how it works or how it can be abused, my idea is just something that can help to divulgate the server and bring new players.

well to avoid being abused.. Max 1 Vote per Account.. items that can be obtain by vote will be bound that way no one will thinking about selling it..

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, BaTaS#0565 said:

well to avoid being abused.. Max 1 Vote per Account.. items that can be obtain by vote will be bound that way no one will thinking about selling it..

I agree to this if there shall be a v4p system.

EDIT: A good example can be v4p-exclusive costumes / equipments that are account-bounded.

Edited by Iroha

I like the account-bound idea. Eliminates the possibility of the v4p being abused if not lessen the chances. 

Perhaps supplies would be a good addition as well? Such as foods and boxes? Nothing too fancy. 

supply i would say we can put on hour active for the supply + pts.. 

On 6/1/2020 at 10:27 PM, Xerxes said:

Add Gym Passes and Bubble Gums

I don't see why not for Gym Passes, again, as long as they're account bound. Just no for BG.

The idea is actually getting better. Has this been noticed?
@Prank, hi 😄 notice us senpai..

spacer.png

[ Kafra Corporation ]

Im all for the vote4points system. You guys have the content, it just needs be catered to people. Ragnarok is an outdated game and doesn't populate by itself so any means of advertisement should be exhausted imo. RMS is the place to be at when it comes to searching for servers/RO content so I think this should be the main target for advertising.

As for incentives, I would say setup an exclusive shop for hat costumes so that it would entice players to vote. It could also help circulate the market because people who donate for hats would not trade their donates for vitems/cboxes but MAYBE a costume hat for a costume hat might just work. 

Now I don't know much about scripting but there needs to be a way to limit the voting system per IP address to avoid exploit. The only fallback I see here is if XIVRO was to be installed at internet cafes, honest solo account players would not be able to utilize the voting feature due to the IP block. 

Just my 2 cents. 😎

Stayin foolish to stay sane

Casanova | Hooligan | Meatshield | Peasant

no feedback at all.. there are a lot of good ideas that needs to be consider. at least someone review the forum. /shy