XIVRO Community
Sign in to follow this  
Roseta

PvP

Remove pkoff in pvp maps (sograt, sprt, geffen, go 15)

Several people sit around pk off and give a trash talk, passing by when you're dueling for you to miss the click and lose the target. This also applies to Novice level 1.
To sit and talk, stay in go 0

• Like 1

Sitting around trash talking shouldn't be a problem. We're all adults here after all (I hope). But if they interfere duels, then that should be report-able at the very least. I disagree in completely taking off pk off in PVP maps. Some just like to hang out with their friends without getting shot dead randomly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roseta said:

Remove pkoff in pvp maps (sograt, sprt, geffen, go 15)

Several people sit around pk off and give a trash talk, passing by when you're dueling for you to miss the click and lose the target. This also applies to Novice level 1.
To sit and talk, stay in go 0

the map was made for PVP right? so all should use "PK ON" 

+1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Obi said:

Sitting around trash talking shouldn't be a problem. We're all adults here after all (I hope). But if they interfere duels, then that should be report-able at the very least. I disagree in completely taking off pk off in PVP maps. Some just like to hang out with their friends without getting shot dead randomly.

Stay in prontera. No in pvp, PVP IS DUEL OR MOB.

i kinda do agree that pvp maps should be for pvp players playing against each other and not a place to sit and afk in, however i’m also torn between removing pk off and keeping it because some people also do like to spectate and watch other people pvp. you learn a lot from watching people pk against each other.

2 hours ago, Sebas said:

i kinda do agree that pvp maps should be for pvp players playing against each other and not a place to sit and afk in, however i’m also torn between removing pk off and keeping it because some people also do like to spectate and watch other people pvp. you learn a lot from watching people pk against each other.

Because it have youtube 

well every server is unique and doesn’t have the same metas and strategies so they can’t just look up random pvp on youtube to get better. if you wanna get good at pking in this specific server who better to learn from than the actual players pking IN the server.

SPRT has been a hangout spot since the early days of DRO. I don't remember people saying @pk off should be disabled there. I'm with Tsuki and Obi on this one.

fair, but i guess the main issue now is the lack of 1v1s, it’s mostly an entire group vs a solo player, and obviously a solo player stands no chance. need a way to enjoy 1v1s or atleast a FFA.

We'll have separate PvP warpers in the future. The fields we have right now are for hang out spots. I've been on servers before where the PK is completely off and what ends up happens is it gets completely empty and no one goes in it. Everyone would just chill in the city.. so yeah. We'll have GvG warper and Sinx Arena in the future though with some PVP warper probably for some sort of point system for ranking.

• Like 1

sounds promising, will get quite competitive with a point system in place. anyhow i'm hopeful that we will all come to a consensus eventually with ideas regarding pvp.

Posted (edited)

I do pk most of the time but i dont agree on removing PK off..  some people do enjoy watching someone dueling.. but if its pvp obstruction do a report.. if the TT goes below the belt then make a report.. we just put a npc warper because its been a turf of some of the pioneers.

Edited by BaTaS#0565